Cyber Security Analyst II
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Time to Fill:
· Responsible for identifying cyber security requirements for information systems certification and accreditation.
· Performs assessment of present levels of cyber security, defines acceptable levels of risk, knowledge of proper cyber security practices.
· Identifies potential vulnerabilities to cyber and information security.
· Knowledge of technologies for network scanning, patching, defense, and response to cyber threats.
· Independently selects methods, plans and coordinates the details, and carries work through to its conclusion with minimal guidance.
· Completed work is reviewed for soundness of analysis, the suitability of methods used, and for conformance with organizational analytical procedures and practices.
· Plans, coordinates and conducts reviews, assessments, studies and projects.
· Plans, arranges, manages and conducts data collection and analysis work in support of cyber security assessments.
· Serves as an advisor on all aspects of the assigned program’s cyber security areas.
· Programs and issues may present problems that may require application of new developments and technology application.
· Compiles new information, considers data from multiple sources, and follows standard approaches & methods to plan and carry out assignments.
· Reviews, conducts and evaluates sampling, surveys, data and findings. Monitors operations to identify and rectify problems.
· Evaluates adequacy of controls and corrective measures and identifies and makes recommendations on determinations of alternate measures.
· Prepares, coordinates and/or reviews the preparation of written plans, schedules and milestones for accomplishing goals.
· Participates in meetings regarding cyber security concerns related to the assigned projects.
· Performs collection and assists in compilation of technical and programmatic data from a variety of sources.
· May be required to serve as a Combatant Command Liaison Representative in the United States or abroad.
· Liaison duties include, but are not limited to: providing direct planning, coordination, Information Assurance, Interoperability, and Mission Assurance assessment and exercise support onsite.
· CONUS and overseas travel required
· Progressively responsible experience in the management of computer networks and information systems.
· Level III certification in accordance with DOD Manual 8570.01-M.
· Must possess sufficient familiarity with cyber security qualitative and quantitative analysis tools to assess and apply to the solution of problems.
· Discipline may be required to utilize advanced knowledge of cyber security policy, defensive cyber operations, and cyber security reporting requirements.
· Must be familiar with systems integration techniques, system trade-off analysis, and/or program planning.