Cyber Security Analyst I
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Time to Fill:
· Assists in performing technical and analytical cyber security work.
· Performs assessment of present levels of cyber security and possesses knowledge of proper cyber security practices.
- Identifies potential vulnerabilities to cyber and information security.
· Requires knowledge of technologies for network scanning, patching, defense, and response to cyber threats.
- The work requires the ability to learn and apply established methods, procedures and techniques.
· Assists in selecting methods, plans and coordinates the details, and carries work through to its conclusion with guidance.
· Compiles information, considers data from multiple sources, and follows standard approaches, and procedures to plan/carry out assignments.
· Reviews, conducts and evaluates routine sampling, surveys, data and findings.
· Monitors operations to identify and rectify problems. Evaluates adequacy of controls and corrective measures and identifies and make recommendations to higher level employee on determinations of alternate measures.
· Proposes agenda topics, tracks resulting action items, coordinates development of presentations, and ensures complete coordination.
· Reviews and prepares portions of cyber security assessment plans, forms, procedures, reports and related documents.
· Coordinates issues pertaining to project compliance, schedule and corrective actions.
· Performs collection and assists in compilation of technical and programmatic data from a variety of sources.
· Conducts limited analysis, integration, categorization, and summarization of cyber security data and develops briefings, and reports.
· May be required to serve as a Combatant Command Liaison Representative in the United States or abroad.
- Liaison duties would include: providing direct planning, coordination, Information Assurance, Interoperability, and Mission Assurance assessment and exercise support onsite.
· CONUS and overseas travel required
· Level II certification in accordance with DOD Manual 8570.01-M.
· Progressively responsible experience in the management of computer networks and information systems.
· Must possess sufficient familiarity with cyber security qualitative and quantitative analysis tools to assess and apply to the solution of problems.
· Discipline may be required to utilize advanced knowledge of cyber security policy, defensive cyber operations, and cyber security reporting requirements.
· Experience must include one year as a practicing analyst or staff officer responsible for the functional area of cybersecurity.
· Clearance Requirement: US Citizen with existing Department of Defense security clearance and the ability to maintain that clearance